Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Pain! The Pain!

Ah yes, I remember this now...it's been so long. The day after the first workout in a while...ouch! I went easy at the gym yesterday, too, but I guess coupled with preparing our house and food for our game night it added the the stress on my body! Not that I mind. Game nights are one of my favorite nights of the month. I love laughing and there's always a lot of that going on! I'm not sure my body could handle all of that laughing today, though!

I had some great successes in the kitchen though. I made a guacamole for the first time and it came out pretty well. It would have been better if the avocados were riper, but most of it was eaten so it wasn't that bad! Ingredients: Roma Tomatoes, Garlic, Avocado, Red Onion, Lime Juice, Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper. I made delicious fudge earlier this week, and the girls and I made Cereal Cookies that were quite tasty as well!

However, my kitchen work was not without a failure with my deviled eggs. I think the recipe (in one of those homemade recipe books)had a typo and called for a Tbsp of Mustard. I think it should have been a Tsp. Thankfully I tasted it before I put it in the eggs-It was HORRIBLE. I will probably make an egg salad sandwich with Miracle Whip for lunch with the hard egg whites. Egg salad seems like a very unhealthy thing, but with Miracle Whip its not that unhealthy at all.

Laying low today...might walk if its not too unbearably cold!

2 comments:

  1. you're back!!! that's a happy thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodie -

    Finally I've gotten to your blog and caught up since you've been back. I realize I took you out of my blog roll at some point, but you're going right back as soon as I finish this comment and hope to see you posting often.

    I like that you've opted to keep the blog rather than starting another. I hear you - it is the same story, the same journey that we've been on. We don't have to reinvent the wheel to begin again. Again. As long as it takes we can get better a day at a time. Welcome home! (ugh, that sounds like OA!)

    ReplyDelete