Friday, January 21, 2011

My Shrinking Chin

Although I've already had to shut the door in my screaming child's tantrum of a face this morning as she cried and cried that she did not, in fact, know how to match colors and she just didn't want to wear jeans to school today...I still have the best kids in the entire universe.

Sometimes I have gotten sad about being overweight and my daughter will say "But we love you no matter what, Mom!"

Last night at the dinner table I was looking at one of my daughters and she said, "Mom, turn to the side." I had no idea what she was doing, but assuming I probably had a piece of corn stuck to my cheek or something. "Your chin," she said. I wiped at it but there was nothing there. "No, mom, it's shrinking." I was happy at this news, then she said "Aww." I asked her why she said Aww. She said "Because mom, I liked your chin." It is clear that our children do not see us the way we see ourselves. If we could bottle up just an ounce of the pure love they have for us, we'd all be able to feel better about ourselves and just maybe be a little bit more successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment