Monday, February 1, 2010

Hunger

Yesterday I was hungry. I hadn't felt that feeling in a LONG time. I did have breakfast - (a bowl of raisin bran) but not my usual protein laden eggs. By 10:30 my stomach was growling. Really growling - in the middle of church no less! So I didn't have that great of an afternoon. I ate a sandwich, then I ate cookies...and then some chips. Then we were running late for evening church and I had to be there to work in the nursery so as a way to get my kids moving we offered McDonald's - where I got an Angus Burger. Let me just say that Angus Burgers are way tastier than the other burgers. I only at a few fries and gave the rest to hubby. So, I did not have a very "clean" food day. I thought about only eating half the Angus Burger, but I have a problem "wasting money" more than wasting food. I had just paid $5.00 for that burger - I couldn't just eat half. (Well I could have, but then I would have felt bad for wasting the $5)

Lesson learned -Make sure to eat enough at breakfast (and protein) so I am NOT hungry by mid morning. It sets off bad habits.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely! I find that I have to start the day with protein or I fight the battle all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same thing happens to me when I don't have a solid protein hit with breakfast. Even the milk in cereal can't save me from myself when I only have that. We just can't do everything right everytime! I've started keeping the 4 packs of cottage cheese (2%) in my fridge at work, so if I need a mid-morning snack, I can guiltlessly scarf one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great attitude! Being successful is not about never overindulging, its about how we respond when we DO go overboard. Lesson learned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same problem if I don't have protien with breakfast. I've found that having just cereal actually makes me hungrier than anything else I've ever had for breakfast. I am actually never hungry in the morning, I have to force myself to eat and that's fine..I know I need to eat. If I eat cereal for breakfast I feel hungry too soon afterwards.

    Anything else I eat for breakfast I'm fine, I usually have to try to remember to have a mid-morning snack. If I want to have cereal I make sure to have a handful of raw nuts (peanuts, almonds, pecans, walnuts) with it because that's the only way I won't get hungry too soon after a bowl of cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just checked in and saw your progress pictures. You're doing great!! And yes, protein is a must for breakfast. Cereal makes me starving all day! (except oatmeal!)

    ReplyDelete