Saturday, March 20, 2010

No more Sorrow, No More Pain

It is with much sadness that I post right now. A fellow blog friend, Bethany McDonald, passed away last night from a heart attack. She had a heart condition and was trying to lose some weight to help with that. Though we never met in person, she was one of my first readers and always one to encourage me whatever state I was in. She was young and lovely with a gentle spirit. She was one of the bloggers I wrote about the other day when I said I would not stop following even though the scale was not in her favor. She wrote from her heart. I am sad that I will not get to hear from her again. I am sad for her husband and 2 young children she leaves behind.
But through my tears, I am comforted to know what she believed in and to Whom she belonged. I believe that she will be made perfect in Heaven. I am reminded of this song by artist Chris Tomlin

"I Will Rise"

There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say "It is well"

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

There's a day that's drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light
And the shadows disappear
And my faith shall be my eyes

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

And I hear the voice of many angels sing,
"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart,
"Worthy is the Lamb"

Bethany's name was called, and now she can be pain free, sorrow free in a new body. I will pray for those she left here on earth. Those who will feel sorrow and pain. That they will find peace and comfort in this sad time.

Although she won't be able to encourage on earth, this was her blog: www.bethanymcdonald.blogspot.com I hope you'll take a minute and just get to know a fabulous woman, who if we knew each other personally, I'm sure we'd be "in life" friends.

9 comments:

  1. thanks for the heads up on a wonderful lady. such a terrible loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. It's comforting to know "she will be made perfect in Heaven." Thanks Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a tragedy, but my sentiments are a lot like yours - if God called her to him, there is no place on earth to compare to where she is now :)

    Beautiful song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't follow her blog but I just went and read a few posts. Something in my heart sank when I saw her last post was Thursday. Nothing's promised. Her family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my God, a heart attack in her early 30s, a family left behind - what a tragedy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sad event on the one hand, and yet such a joy for her on the other side. I didn't get the opportunity to know her, not even online, but I was still hit by the tragedy, and awakened to the fact that this journey is serious. It is not just a matter of what I look like, or what others think of me. It is more than just how my jeans fit. It is life and death.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. She is in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I personally knew Bethany, her father was our pastor for many years...she also had a beautiful voice and I played keyboard many ,many times for her as she sang in church. I would love to be able to read her blog...what is the process for finding her actual blog...didn't even realize she had a blog spot until seeing your post. Very tragic, her untimely death!

    ReplyDelete
  9. her blog was www.bethanymcdonald.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete