Saturday, August 29, 2009

BodyPump

I am certifiably crazy. Last night, K wanted to work out, so we went to the fitness center and I took a BodyPump class. I was curious because I haven' t tried it yet because I was worried it was all lunges and squats and my knees don't like that too much! Remember I had already done the cycle class in the AM! Surprisingly, I could actually move today. (I'm sure it's because my leg muscles are already very well toned for being overweight)

Body Pump was run by a very nice woman Kiersten. (I think I would like her just by her name. I have never known anyone named Kiersten that was not cute and bubbly). The class used actual weights. Dumbbells and Barbells. I used a lower weight since it was my first class. It wasn't too bad, although I find it hard to control the barbell sometimes...especially when we were lying on our backs doing chest presses. My shoulders definitely got a work out. I did as much as I could with the squats and lunges. I had a little trouble changing the weights on the bar when we needed to. At least there was no ball involved!! I worked up a good sweat. It wasn't my favorite class, but I really did like the instructor. Today's a break day, unless I feel like working out tonight on the elliptical.

So the classes I haven't taken yet: Body Combat, Body Step, Step N Pump, RPM cycle. Body Jam and a bunch of Yogas that I haven't been terribly interested in.

I'm really looking forward to Zumba in the fall. :)

Oh, I saw a great t-shirt yesterday on someone: It says "I'd give up chocolate, but I'm not a quitter!" I love it!!

2 comments:

  1. Cool, Jodie! And pleeeease write about Zumba when you get around to trying it because I'm very curious! I have always wanted to give it a go but I feel self-conscious (have never been a great dancer).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a brave woman, trying all those great classes. I hear Zumba is fantastic and hope to try it out myself this fall. For now, I'm going to start with a beginning Pilates DVD recommended by PastaQueen. My abs are just the mushiest mess, hopefully the Pilates will help me reclaim my "core"!

    ReplyDelete